Job Title: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Company: JULIENNE BRUNO
Location: HQ, JULIENNE BRUNO, Unit 3, Stonefield Close, HA4 0GH
We create naturally plant-based original products.
How we eat and what we eat is changing, and changing fast. Yet, plant-based products are still seen as an “alternative”, which usually means a compromise. We are changing that starting with our ‘Collection 01’, a dairy-free experience consisting of three products: Burrella, Crematta and Superstraccia. See our products in use here.
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed food brand based in London hiring for roles with ample opportunities to build, learn, and grow. The team is composed of experienced operators with backgrounds in building long lasting F&B concepts as well as high scale tech ventures.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
A dynamic role that ensures compliance with customer, BRC, and legal standards through an effective internal auditing program. You'll be instrumental in managing customer technical databases, technical KPIs, and overseeing customer audits. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about maintaining the highest standards in food safety and quality, and who excels in a dynamic environment that demands strong leadership, problem-solving skills, and a commitment to continuous improvement. This position offers a dynamic platform for you to excel and make a tangible impact on our products and brand.
- To develop, manage, and maintain Julienne Bruno UK Quality management system with an effective internal auditing program to ensure compliance verification of customers, BRC, and legal standards.
- To manage and maintain customer technical databases, technical KPIs, and customer audits.
- Developing and implementing food safety and quality assurance programs.
- Implementing and maintaining site QMS, technical policies, procedures, control sheets, and work instructions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, customers, and BRC standards.
- Implementing continuous improvement initiatives to enhance food safety and quality assurance practices.
- To establish and maintain a process of horizontal auditing against the QMS to ensure compliance with BRC, customers, and standards.
- To drive continual improvement to QMS through trending and establishing the root cause of non-conformity
- Ensure effective complaint management with investigation and resolution to customers promptly.
- To attend and manage customer quality panels and ensure adequate feedback to the production team on continual improvement of Quality.
- Compiling KPI data and technical reports as scheduled for the business.
- Develop and manage the Site HACCP system to ensure safe food production.
- Training and educating staff on food safety practices, quality control procedures, control sheets, work instructions, and regulatory requirements.
- Investigating and resolving food safety incidents through root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions and preventive measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborating with suppliers and vendors to ensure that all raw materials and packaging meet quality and safety standards.
- Keeping up to date with food safety regulations and industry best practices to ensure that the business remains compliant.
- Work with cross-functional teams to embed a Food Safety and Quality Culture within the business.
- Ensure all finished products comply with the intended trading market food legislation and regulations.
- Support product development projects by being the technical expert on customer standards, food safety regulations, and labelling.
You must always comply with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Microbiological knowledge.
- 5 years of Manufacturing plant experience.
- Food safety level 4
- HACCP implementation knowledge (HACCP level 4)
- Food safety risk assessment knowledge.
- Retailers & BRC, SALSA standard implementation and interpretation knowledge
- Customer technical database management
- Audit non-conformance management.
- Customer audits and internal audit management.
- Technical customer management QMS knowledge and implementation
- UK & EU Labelling (FIR) & Food Safety Regulation
- Leadership & management.
- Degree in food science/technology.
- High-risk or high-care experiences
- Ingredient functional knowledge
- Solution provider
- Quality motivated
- Good analytical skills
- Cultivate innovation.
- Communicate effectively.
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Lot’s of JULIENNE BRUNO tastings, merch and events!
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension
- 50% off on all products
- 40% off for friends and family
A FAIR CHANCE
At JULIENNE BRUNO we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity & reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter telling us why you're interested in JULIENNE BRUNO and how you could make a difference in our team. We look forward to your contribution to our exciting journey!
Join us in building the Nestle of our generation.