Job Title: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician
Company: JULIENNE BRUNO
Location: HQ, JULIENNE BRUNO, Unit 3, Stonefield Close, HA4 0GH
We create naturally plant-based original products.
How we eat and what we eat is changing, and changing fast. Yet, plant-based products are still seen as an “alternative”, which usually means a compromise. We are changing that starting with our ‘Collection 01’, a dairy-free experience consisting of three products: Burrella, Crematta and Superstraccia. See our products in use here.
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed food brand based in London hiring for roles with ample opportunities to build, learn, and grow. The team is composed of experienced operators with backgrounds in building long lasting F&B concepts as well as high scale tech ventures.
This vital role centres on ensuring compliance with food safety regulations and maintaining the highest standards of quality throughout our factory operations. As a key player in our team, you'll be responsible for conducting routine inspections, audits, and quality control checks. Your day-to-day tasks will include monitoring production processes, managing non-conformity issues, and collaborating with various teams to implement effective corrective actions and preventive measures.
Ideal for an individual with a strong foundation in food safety and HACCP knowledge, this role demands keen analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset. You'll be actively involved in sample collection and analysis, maintaining our foreign body library, and training colleagues in food safety and quality control procedures. Your contribution will be crucial in achieving customer satisfaction and audit success, making this an excellent opportunity to grow and make a meaningful impact in the field of food safety and quality assurance.
- To ensure compliance with food safety regulations, conduct quality control checks, and maintain a high standard of food safety and quality throughout the factory to achieve customer and audit satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections and audits to ensure compliance with food safety, and quality standards.
- Monitoring and assessing production processes to identify potential hazards and quality issues.
- Implement and maintain food safety and quality program including CCPs verification and accuracy of records.
- Manage inspections and audits of non-conformity and implementation of corrective actions.
- Conduct intake artwork verification against the master copy.
- Collect and analyse samples from raw materials, work-in-progress materials, and finished products to assess the quality and ensure adherence to specifications.
- Conduct quality panel and end shelf-life assessment.
- Collecting samples for microbiology, and chemistry testing for products, ingredients, and environment with adherence to company schedule.
- Management of the external lab portal and purchase orders for the samples.
- Evaluate and document production records, test results, and other relevant data to track and analyse trends, identify areas for improvement, and ensure easy retrieval.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement corrective actions and preventive measures to address quality and food safety issues.
- Train colleagues on food safety and quality control procedures.
- Conduct traceability exercise on a determined interval to ensure that records are accurate, and the system is effective.
- Conduct cleaning verification inspection, and APT testing, and trending results.
- Maintain foreign body library for investigation reference.
- Deputies for the FSQA Manager in their absence.
You must always comply with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Food safety/food hygiene level 3.
- HACCP implementation knowledge (HACCP level 2)
- Internal audits skills; fabrication, hygiene, and GMP
- BRC, SALSA standard knowledge.
- Trainer the trainer certificate.
- UK & EU Labelling (FIR) & Food Safety Regulation.
- BTEC science/technology/A level in microbiology.
- 2-3 years of manufacturing plant experience.
- High-risk or high-care experiences.
- Solution provider
- Quality motivated
- Good analytical skills
- Communicate effectively.
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Lot’s of JULIENNE BRUNO tastings, merch and events!
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension
- 50% off on all products
- 40% off for friends and family
A FAIR CHANCE
At JULIENNE BRUNO we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity & reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter telling us why you're interested in JULIENNE BRUNO and how you could make a difference in our team. We look forward to your contribution to our exciting journey!
Join us in building the Nestle of our generation.