- In a mixer, add the olive oil, basil leaves, dried tomato and toasted pine nuts.
- Blend at maximum speed until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- In a saucepan add plenty of water with a pinch of salt and heat to a boil.
- Add the pasta, cook during the time indicated by the manufacturer.
- When ready, drain with the help of a strainer.
- Mix the cooked pasta, pesto sauce and the wild rocket together.
- Plate the pasta, add dollops of Superstraccia along with some whole pine nuts (roasted) and finish off with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and ground pepper.
The first time we made this recipe was completely improvised.
It was on a super busy day, everybody was hungry and we needed something indulgent, something loaded with carbs and something fast. We always like to use our own products, so superstraccia was on the cards. As we didn't have enough basil to make a traditional pesto, we opted for the pesto rosso route, and it turned out to be incredible and became one of our teams weekly favourites.
Oh, and we like to go for the really thick big rigatoni's as a lot of the sauce and ingredients slip inside each bite, almost like an open dumpling...